Working collaboratively, students will explore a full range of theatre techniques including movement, voice, character, creation, improv and high-energy theatre games. Each IMPACTING ACTING session is catered to the age group and unique skills of the participants. Through these exciting and entertaining lessons, students will create their very own original group performance for family and friends at the end of the week.
SHAKIN’ WITH SHAKESPEARE
Chances are if you’ve heard of drama you’ve heard of Shakespeare! This camp will make the classics fun and exciting, teaching students about why the Bard’s works have stood the test of time. Students will dive into a world of hilarious insults, mistaken identity and witty dialogue as they assemble their very own Shakespearean adaptation.
NO BIZ LIKE SHOW BIZ
Last year’s hit musical theatre camp returns for another week of musical magic! Complete with show tunes and push-turns, this session will have students refining their skills as Triple Threats by singing, dancing and acting in their very own mini-musical, which will be performed at the end of the week.
YES, LET’S IMPROV
This camp will have students using their wild and wacky imaginations in the form of improv. After learning basic principles they will quickly put their skills to the test in a team improv competition! Concentrating on fun and creativity, this camp is a perfect way to dive into the world of on the spot creation.
Download a copy of our Summer Theatre Camp 2015 brochure here.
THE CAMP EXPERIENCE
- We spend our lunch hour outside, so students must bring a bagged lunch, sunscreen, a hat, and water bottle every day.
- At the end of each camp, we celebrate the students’ acheivements with a performance on Friday at 5PM, open to family and friends of participants.
- Camp fees include a t-shirt, Friday afternoon supper, and a free ticket to one New West Theatre Production.
- All classes and final perfomances will take place at the new convertible theatre space at G.S. Lakie Middle School, 50 Blackfoot Blvd. West.
ODDS & ENDS
- Fees include GST and service charges.
- Cancellation is permitted (less a $50 administration fee) provided that notice is given no less than seven days prior to the first day of camp. No refund will be given with less than seven (7) days notice unless a doctor’s note is provided.